Round two supported 36 amazing projects across 20 Mid North Coast communities.
Some shining examples of round two projects include:
– A new garden at Kempsey Children’s Service inspires healthy eating and sustainability by giving kids the opportunity to grow their own healthy foods
– A new creative play space has been created at Kendall Public School that combines physical activity and learning
– Children at Valla Community Preschool have revived their bush tucker garden with the help of UNKYA Aboriginal Lands Council and have just finished publishing their very own healthy bush tucker recipe book
– Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service piloted an 8-week aqua fitness and lifestyle program for Aboriginal male clients with chronic disease
– The whole of Long Flat Public School community received a ‘healthy eating’ makeover. Children and parents learnt about healthy eating, the children took up tennis as part of the Premier’s Sporting Challenge and the school canteen received an upgrade to meet the NSW Government Healthy Canteen Strategy.