2017 SUMMIT ROUND UP
Click here to view the final Summit Program.
The Summit was in response to the NSW Premier’s Priority to reduce childhood overweight and obesity by five per cent by 2025.
Summit highlights included:
- Sprocket! Squad preschoolers stole the show through a demonstration of fundamental movement skills on stage
- Dr Kerry Chant provided an overview of childhood overweight and obesity
- Dr Karen Villanueva presented on healthy neighbourhoods for children
- The panel of experts and a first-time Mother voiced their thoughts on the need for better footpaths and more support for parents. The audience really made use of those floor microphones too
- Eighty-five children from Port Macquarie Public School attended the Make Healthy Normal Zone, and the twenty odd summit exhibitors created a hive of activity.
To kick-start the afternoon session, participants heard from local children about being healthy. Key organisations drafted a range of strategies to meet the NSW Premier’s Priority. From there, these draft strategies were refined, in consultation with partner agencies, and have now been incorporated in Mid North Coast Childhood Obesity Regional Prevention and Management Action Plan (July 2018 – June 2023).
SUMMIT ACTION SKETCHER
INDIGENOUS MARATHON FOUNDATION RUNNING AND WALKING GROUP SUMMIT WALK ROUTE
Over 40 people joined us for our morning Summit walk lead by the local Port Macquarie Indigenous Marathon Foundation Running and Walking Group. Thank you to those who took part, it was a fantastic way to start the day.